HSF is proud to announce the REVIVAL of our Hawaii Roi Removal Challenge! For those of you that aren't already familiar with it, here's the rundown:
This is a monthly challenge sponsored by Kurt at Maui Sporting Goods Spearfishing, Kris at Westside Dive & Tackle, Sterling at Hanapa`a Hawaii/Hawaii Skin Diver, Tony at Venture Hawaii Movement, Jason at Deep Blue Spearfishing Center, Hemana Ocean Apparel, Desmond at Fish Prints by Nishio, Ron at Fish for Art, Rob at Blue Water Hunter Hawaii, Laron at Takeo Gyotaku, Ron at Dive Bomber, Kevin fromHammerHead Spearguns , and Jeremy at Top Shot Spearfishing.
Stats for this event will be reset at the beginning of each month. It is possible to win both categories in a single month and in consecutive months. If you want to win, you're going to have to try for it. There will be prizes of <$20 value and the winners will be able to choose their prize from the prize pool. This is an individual competition, not teams. This is a competition for ALL islands. The admins on the winner's island will be in charge of making sure that the winner gets their prize. A document will be made that will list the current standing of participating individuals per month. There is NO entry fee or anything of the sort. It is open to ALL members on this page and it is your decision whether you would like to take part in this or not.
LONGEST ROI -
1. The roi must be placed on top of a normal-sized ruler/tape measure.
2. A full picture must be taken with both the roi and the ruler/measuring tape in the picture. Measurement will be taken in the form of "tip of the nose to the tip of the tail." If the numbers in the picture are hard to see, the admins get final say on the length. Also, if there is any ambiguity in the pictures, it is at the discretion of the admins to qualify/disqualify the fish."
3. If there is any discrepancy in the longest of roi at the end of the month, the winner will be determined by the admins.
4. "Longest Roi" contestants may also count towards the "Most Pieces" category, but separate pictures must be taken and submitted accordingly.
MOST PIECES -
1. Roi must be able to be counted (relatively) easily.
2. A full picture must be taken.
3. Underwater camera pictures do not qualify.
4. If there are any ties, the winner will be determined by coin flip.
We will be accepting donations for prizes, but we request that they be of <$20 value. They need not be limited to diving-related gear. Gift cards and the like are accepted as well.
The challenge will begin starting on the 1st of August.
Thanks again to all of our sponsors for making this event possible!
- Troy Maeda